Goal setting is a very useful tool for establishing direction. One way to set goals is by creating vision boards. Vision boards are tools that allow you to define goals and then align those goals with inspirational images that will excite and motivate you along your journey to achieving those goals. The ability to visualize your goals can promote positive thinking and create inner motivation.
Goal Setting Practice
Begin by finding a comfortable position. You can choose to sit in a supported chair or choose to sit on the floor with a cushion. When you have done so, keep your back upright, but not too tight. Let your hands rest wherever they are comfortable. Relax your body and slowly close your eyes.
At this time, allow your mind to envision your response to the following questions:
– What are your values?
o Do you value family?
o Maybe a specific friendship?
– Where would you like to visit someday?
o Another state?
o Maybe your childhood home?
– Do you have a dream to go after something big? Something bold?
o Is it moving to a new city?
o Is it changing your entire diet?
– What about your overall daily routine?
o Would you like to exercise more?
o Would you like to practice mindfulness more?
Take a moment to let these thoughts settle in. Ponder on them for a moment.
When you are ready, open your eyes.
Now that we’ve pondered on some potential goals, let’s create a mini vision board.
– Open a Word Document on their computer and copy & paste photos from the web that represent their goals.
– Draw or cut out photos from a magazine and paste them onto a sheet of paper that represents their goals.
If you enjoyed this practice, you may also like https://lifestylemedical.com/guided-visualization/